Mark David Sheive Memorial Scholarship
The Mark David Sheive Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a student who has received a Baccalaureate degree from Humboldt in Liberal Studies/ Multiple Subjects or other CTC (Commission on Teaching Credentialing) approved major(s) which would lead directly to Multiple Subjects credential without subject matter testing and who has met all of the application requirements for enrollment in the Teacher Preparation/Multiple Subjects credential program with a minimum 3.0 GPA. This would include re-entry students who had graduated from the Liberal Studies/Multiple Subjects program. Awarding of the scholarship is contingent on the applicant’s placement in a Multiple Subjects fieldwork classroom. Amounts and numbers of scholarships are estimates, dependent on funding.
- Supplemental Questions
- Will you be placed in a Multiple Subjects fieldwork classroom during the upcoming school year?
- Have you received a Baccalaureate degree from Cal Poly Humboldt in Liberal Studies/Multiple Studies?
- Have you met all application requirements for enrollment in the Teacher Preparation-Multiple Subjects credential program?
- Please submit a letter describing his or her personal characteristics and desire to be a teacher, including his or her commitment to encouraging young people to learn and his or her commitment to lifelong learning.
- A candidate must submit three (3) letters of recommendation from faculty members, academic advisors, or persons qualified to evaluate the candidate’s potential in the classroom.