Johnston-Aronoff History Scholarship
The Johnston-Aronoff History Scholarship is awarded to a junior or senior History student, preferably with an emphasis in the study of California and/ or the Western United States. First preference is to a student member of a federally recognized tribe who has graduated from either a Humboldt County charter or high school. Preference also given to students pursuing a history-related (e.g., social sciences) teaching credential. Amounts and numbers of scholarships are estimates, dependent on funding.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload a writing sample from a Humboldt State history class, preferably on the history of California or the western United States.
- Are you a History student with an emphasis in the study of California and/ or the Western United States?
- Are you a graduate of a Humboldt County high school?
- Please upload supporting documentation (images, documents, etc.) verifying your eligibility.
- Please provide a name and email address for a recommendation from a faculty member, professional in your field, work supervisor, or other person qualified to recommend you. An email will be sent to them when you save or submit this application. For HSU faculty and staff references, please use the official Humboldt email address for your reference. Make sure to contact this person and let them know which scholarship you are applying for before making this request.